Wednesday, January 09, 2008





I went to the Florida Keys again yesterday just for the day. And to take pictures.

Most people think the Keys are more like the South Florida area with Palm Trees, etc.
But the Keys are very different. They are more mangrove, rocky beaches, etc. It is a fisherman's
paradise for sure. I like the feel of the real florida. It has gotten very commercial for sure. Packed.
But the hotels are mostly old time, nothing fancy. Except in Key West of course. Condos are going up everywhere.
Nothing new there. But the building is very controlled by the local government trying to keep it as real as possible.

I like the Keys for sure. But I like the Island atmosphere. I am also a big fan of Sanibel and Captiva on the west coast of
Florida. Very relaxing.

I hope everyone has a place that they can just go and relax. Mine is the beach. Always the beach. That is where I am
most at home with my thoughts. Where is your place?

7 comments:

none said...

Looks like a place I would enjoy.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
You're very fortunate that you have ready access to the beach. It's really nice to be at the beach when you're lonely and you need an instant lift. The nearest beach to our place is at least 2 to 4 hours away and it's very expensive just to go there.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures and for the wonderful post. God bless and have a wonderful and peaceful time at the beach always.

Cheryl said...

My favorite place in the world so far is in Edisto Island in SC on the banks of the creek. I'd move there in a heartbeat. Spanish moss, live oaks, dolphins, pfluff mud and dirt roads. I've been twice and hope to be lucky enough to go again.

Leslie: said...

I agree that the beach is a great place to relax and let your mind wander. I love going to my own local beach during the spring, summer, and fall but right now it isn't a good place. Right now it's the cosiness of home with a nice cuppa tea or a hot chocolate curled up in my lazyboy and a good book.

heiresschild said...

most times i love being in my own home, but i can have and enjoy solitude almost anywhere, depending on the season, time of day, etc.

heiresschild said...

i just transported myself thru your blog to enjoy the beach. it was such a beautiful day in FL, but now back to my cold MD weather. LOL now wouldn't it be really awesome if we could really transport ourselves thru pictures or different blogs to visit other countries? have a great weekend Carol!

BBC said...

I spend a lot of time at the beaches, or in the mountains, at the hot springs. They are my favorite places to be and I go to them as often as I can.