Friday, July 04, 2008



HAPPY 4TH OF JULY.

I hope everyone has had an awesome day so far. I started off on my favorite beach. What a gorgeous beach day for sure.

Then my phone rang. One of my younger sisters called to let me know my favorite person in the whole world has a malignant brain tumor. My Grams. She'll be 94 on October 1st. If she makes it that long. She's awesome. Has always been awesome.
I noticed the last few times I spoke to her she was having issues remembering what we were talking about. Now she can't hear even with her hearing aides. So I will take to sending her letters. She lives on Cape Cod with my Uncle in a huge house overlooking the Cape Cod Sound. It will be hard getting any updates from my Uncle or his girlfriend. They have a tendency to not answer any questions or be forthcoming with information. I am not looking forward to loosing my Grams at all. But she's had a great life.

I just have not had a very good week in the news department for sure.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grams. That's bad news at any age. How nice that you'll send her letters and that she'll appreciate them. Any chance you and she can travel before it's too late?

beachgirl said...

Hi Cheryl,
No on the travel. She lives on the Cape. I can't talk to her on the phone. I'll be lucky to get up to see her before I loose her.
But 3 summers ago I took her on a 2 month trip. A trip of a life time. I gave it all back to her that she gave me all my life. Very special lady. Then we went on another week trip 2 months later. She was bored.

heiresschild said...

wow Carol! i had such a smile when i first logged onto your site and saw your Grams (i just knew that's who it was, even before i read your post). then my smile faded as i continued to read. i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother's tumor. i hope she'll be around for many more years, in spite of.

i remember your last trip with Grams. gee, it doesn't seem like 3 yrs ago that you were here on the east coast.

i hope all else is going well in your neck-of-the-woods. all is well here; i'm back in MD.

none said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma.

beachgirl said...

Just an update. I am leaving the Cape today after visiting my Grams. It is amazing that she was driving 3 weeks ago. She has lost so much weight. But she did enjoy our lobster dinner last night.
She will only get much worse so I saw her at a good time. But I will be back up here in September to spend some more time with her if she is still with us.