Sunday, February 10, 2008

HI Welcome To My World!

I have been getting busy for my annual work at the Miami International Boat Show. Every year I pull out my CDL drivers license and drive crazy hours for 5 days straight. This year I changed my driving team up. A needed change for my sanity and peace of mind. I'll see how my new driver does. It should be interesting to see how well I will work with my boyfriend. If he didn't have such great customer service skills and driving skills. It would have been a no go. But I trust him to pull it off and not get road rage. My daughter drives her days of Sunday and Monday. Both had to take time off from their jobs for this driving job. But I pay much better than their real jobs.
I am also getting ready for my next photography show. The photos are being printed. They should be shipped this week. I have the frames. Thank You Michael's Crafts for that 40% off sale so timely in my need of 20 frames.
I have also been spending a lot of time on the beach and of course the gym. I had to take a week off of working on my upper body. My tendinitis flared again in my shoulder. But I will attempt to work it tomorrow and see how it holds. I did go for a nice ride today on my bike. Windy for sure. And I plan on doing gym and bike and beach the next 3 days before the show starts on Thursday. Then I won't come up for air until the following Tuesday. But I love doing the show. I love to drive. So no worries.
I am not a big fan of Valentines Day. So I have never had an issue working the boat show and not celebrating the day that puts unrealistic expectations on all couples. And is a creation of the card companies. Why should anyone spend ridiculous amounts of money on roses that will cost only $12.99 a dozen the following day. I would rather have roses all year long for no reason. And be treated well all year long. Not go out to dinner and spend gobs of money for an inferior meal. I guess I've just waited tables too many holidays. Go out to dinner on a weekday, have a great meal and no wait.

So for all those who read my blog. Have a very Happy Valentines Day. An awesome week. I will be reading. Let me know what's new in your world.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy VD to you too. I used to get the flowers. I would have rather had the love.

Belizegial said...

Hi Carol,

I've been slow in getting on the blogs since the beginning of 08. However, I am keeping up through reading sporadically.

I am enjoying the pics here :)

U're so right about the valentine expense. Much ado about something that can and should be done on a regular basis.

Hope that your week ahead will be filled with wonderful things!

Enid

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
I agree with you that everyday should be Valentine's Day. We can give roses and chocolates to our beloved even on ordinary days and not spend so much on a single day where prices on these items are increased. I love to see your new collection of photos. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your family always.

beachgirl said...

Hi everyone,
I was actually going to put up a video of a Pow Wow I went to over the weekend. Such heritage. Impressive. But it wouldn't load. None of my picture attempts would load last night. So nothing on the photo front unless I find some fun things to shoot before Thursday.

Have an awesome day.

heiresschild said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY CAROL! i think all of these "holidays" are over-rated, yet people continue to feed into them. now my birthday....that's a whole other story. LOL just kidding. well, sort of. LOL

anyhoo, still trying to re-coup from my long hours on tuesday at the polls. we didn't get out of there until almost midnite, and my body and mind are in rest mode still.

have a wonderful day, and i know things will be great at the boat show and at your picture showing.