Sunday, March 16, 2008







Hi Everyone.

I have been a little busy getting everything ready for my show. I also had 2 back to back birthdays to pull off.

My youngest son Andrew turned 25 on Tuesday. I'm not sure how that is possible since I am only 29 myself. So my children are now 25, 26 and 29. Mind blowing for sure. Dinner was my sons choice of Alaskan King crab, stone crab, steak, salad, broccoli and an ice cream cake. Expensive taste for sure.

Wednesday was my puppy Shiloh's 1st birthday. So the family pets got together at my place, had some frosty paws, tore the birthday hats off each other. The adults had salad for dinner and a really yummy cake.

Last night I had my second show. It was good. I had some friends stop by. Met new people. Was asked to be the photographer at the managers wedding in June. I will shoot the wedding because it is informal and at a wine bar downtown. I have not desire to enter the formal wedding market. Let the big guys do it. I also had an invitation to go to the Abacos on a 110 foot yacht and take pictures. The owner of the yacht is the best friend of the guy getting married. I said yes of course. I even said I would help crew for the 5 day trip. He has it hired out. The yacht sleeps 14. OK. Room for me. One of the people who came said she loved my work. She has a degree in photography. She said she was impressed. I was happy.
We took the pictures down last night. Her walls looked really bare after. But it is a bar / night club. And I wasn't sticking around to hang everything up.

I have also spent the last week going to the gym. Riding my motorcycle. Going to the beach. My tan is really dark again.

Today was a gym day, laundry, wash and wax my bike and then I took a nice long ride. Home to shower, pedicure and a nap. Now it's time to pack for my trip.

Tomorrow I will be going to Cabo San Lucas on the Baja peninsula in Mexico. My first real trip out of the country. I am finally getting a stamp on my passport. I will be joining my girlfriend Judy (last picture). This will probably be the last time she goes to her time share there. I think her cancer is getting worse. She's loosing weight hand over fist. Tires even more easily then before. I notice a huge difference in the last months. She's been to tired to go to the beach. She loves the beach and pool. She showed up at my show last night at 9:30. She had been in bed for the last 3 days. I was shocked she came. She's a really special lady and I am so blessed to know her. My kids just love her.

Are we having fun yet? I sure am. I figure I will be home for 3 days and off I go again off on the yacht. I hope it works out. I also having tickets to the Moody Blues the day after I get back. I couldn't resist. They are playing right in my town.

I hope everyone has an awesome week. I will be back on the 24th from Mexico.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're going to have such a great time, despite all that goes into getting ready and the long flight. Enjoy your time with your friend. It's wonderful that you'll have this opportunity to be with her. Soak up the sun! Enjoy!

heiresschild said...

hi Carol,

love the blue on your blog--such a royal color.

i should have been at your son's birthday dinner. good taste! and wow, you're the same age as one of your children! LOL

this will be a very special trip for you and Judy. my continued prayers for her. enjoy the trip and the concert. talk to you soon! love & hugs!

soulbrush said...

happy birthday..is your baby a shih tsu? like my snuffles, he/she is sooo cute! yes, 'life is not a rehearsal!'. (seen on BBC's blog).

wanda said...

Carol,
Wow!!! well that about sums it up~
it has been awhile since I have popped in and Wow!!
You look wonderful, your art is fantastic, your blog is too!! so more I can brag you up about but gosh you already know~
I hope your trip is just the ticket
but you do travel or did alot and always know how to have fun!!!
I can't wait to hear all about it..
life here has been interesting, that is for sure, never a dull moment, so much going on that I almost forgot how to Blog!!! lol..
I am in hopes to be able to cut out being tied to all the goings on here and travel soon too, just have to see how the cards play out.
maybe I will even make a surprise visit to some of my blog friends, just never know...
I will check back and see how you are doing from time to time...
hugs away, tell all hello
Wanda

heiresschild said...

looking forward to hearing about your trip Carol. have a HAPPY EASTER weekend!

beachgirl said...

HAPPY EASTER FROM CABO EVERYONE.

Unknown said...

Hope both birthdays were happy.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
You are so funny. I was in stitches laughing out loud when you innocently asked the question, how was it possible that you have kids aged 25, 26 and 29 when you are only 29 yourself. Ha, ha, ha, That's one for Ripley's Believe It Or Not. The way you said it nonchalantly made me laugh so hard. Oh you indeed made my day my friend. You have a funny way with words. You are a great photographer. Never sell yourself short. You can be as good as any professional photographer out there. Just believe in yourself and acknowledge God in everything you will do and you will be a roaring success. I will pray for your sick friend. God is good. We can all pray for her recovery. Thanks for the enjoyable post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

BBC said...

I take sloppy pictures. But I guess I don't have to be a great picture taker.

A tan and sun sounds cool, it's been raining a lot here, but I'm staying here.