Tuesday, March 04, 2008




This is called "SWAMP BUGGY RACING"!!!!

I do think I have found something that Rednecks really enjoy. I laughed myself silly. Funny. What's really funny is that they have a Swamp Buggy Queen and court. No joke. At the end of the races they throw her into the muddy water. They have door prizes and throw signed Frisbees ( i got one), . One of the queens court even had a camo ball gown on. I swear I don't make this stuff up. I had fun. Lots of the contestants buggies died in the water and had to be towed out by a tractor. The engines on these bad boys cost up to $30 grand. Ouch. Now this is a hobby for the die hards for sure.

What fun things did everyone else do this past week?

Yesterday I drove down to the Keys and took some pictures. Pretty day for sure. I hope everyone else is having as much fun as I have been.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'll admit...not having as much fun as you, but still happy! Life is good.

The book I'm reading takes place on Duma Key. Fictional, but still...I'd love to visit the Keys. I'm sure I'd love them.

beachgirl said...

Hi Cheryl,
The Keys are wonderful. I went down on Monday just for the day. I do that often.

Have a great day.

heiresschild said...

$20 grand huh? lots of dough. i could think of better uses to put it, that's for sure, but i'm sure i would have been laughing so hard at the races. not too much fun here right now; preparing for california. i'll be there about 6 months this go round. enjoy your day!

Dave said...

Nope... I haven't! Unless you call shovelling "having fun?" :-)

none said...

I used to watch that on TV. Great fun!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun indeed. Beautiful pictures you've got there too. Thnaks for the post and pictures. God bless you all.

BBC said...

I have to admit that all that fun is fun, I used to build and drive demo derby cars and race cars.

Now I see that we are helping to destroy the planet doing all that.

And few seem to care, I think they will in 20 years, but by then it may be too late.

You're young, you'll have to live trough it, or try to. By then you will be 20 years older and wiser, I hope.