Saturday, August 09, 2008



My Grams last summer sitting with my puppy. Grams loved her visit with Shiloh. Now last summer having Shiloh caused a huge ruckus at my Uncles house. But my Grams and I made the best of it and enjoyed our time together. It's hard to believe she was so good last summer.


What a huge difference a year makes in the elderly. Grams looks really good in this picture with my younger sister and her daughter Sam. The picture was taken last month. The latest news is Grams sleeps most of the time now. Has no movement on her left side, can't hear or speak anymore. They think she has had several mini strokes. So the brain tumor is growing. She is cared for 24 hours a day at home. From what my uncles girlfriend says, they are keeping her at home until we loose her. I only hope she goes quickly and has no pain. My Uncle is adamant on keeping her at home. He is still going back and forth to New Jersey every week for work. I hear my father has been coming over and sitting with her. Better late than never I say. Too bad she doesn't realize he is around. Or maybe she does. I just don't know. Getting information is tough and I just don't know what to believe.

I do know I won't be going up to see her anymore. By the time I have a week to go, she more than likely will not be with us or know i am even there. I can't put myself thru that unless I get a call and they need my help.

I gave back to my Grams 3 years ago with our awesome trip across the country. While she still had her health and could enjoy the trip of a life time. And my monthly dinner runs while I worked for the airlines. I did tend to spoil her rotten. My pleasure.

I hope all is well in your corner of the world. I spent the day on the beach until the thunderstorms ran me off around 3:30. Thats is how I unwind and keep sane.

5 comments:

none said...

I'm so sorry your grandmother's health is failing. It's got to be a tough time. I send you my best.

beachgirl said...

Thank You

Cheryl said...

Your Gram is just waiting to go now. You are a wonderful granddaughter, and you have a treasure chest of memories that you'll always have. I hope Gram is in peace.

Enjoy some beach time for me, OK?

beachgirl said...

I know. I just hope she goes quickly now.
The beach was nice today until we got rained off. I was a bad girl and played hooky from school today.

Ian Lidster said...

The passages of life are always sad.