Tuesday, October 27, 2009



Sue on her brand new 2010 Softail Deluxe.

I have been hanging out with my riding buddy Sue a lot lately.

Well yesterday Sue took the day off ( she is a Broward County Sheriff in the jail system). She met me at the gym and then we went riding. She wanted to go looking and comparing motorcycles. She was ready to upgrade. Now on Sunday we rode to the keys and had lunch and we stopped at the southern store for her to see what they had in inventory. She rode a softail deluxe down there. She went around the store a few times and went WEEEEE every time she passed me. I just laughed. She had no idea she had found herself her next bike.

The first dealership we went to yesterday wouldn't let her test ride anything unless she bought on the spot. And they only offered her $5,000 less on her bike than another dealership we bought our bikes at. Mine was bought at the south store we stopped at on Sunday. She bought her 1st bike in July and bought it under a program that guarenteed her 100% back on her bike if she traded it in within the year and maintained it according to warranty. So we called our favorite dealership and asked if they had the softail in and in what color. We knew they would honor the deal with Harley. The other dealership would not and they jacked their prices by $3,000 over MSRP.

Well Sue and I took off to see the bike and she loved it. And bought it after she dropped it in the parking lot. They fixed the small issues from the drop at their expense because Sue hadn't bought it yet. I figure her drop is now out of the way on this bike. She is a little wobbly on the bigger bike but getting used to it. Riding often helps. Sue hurt her back yesterday when she dropped the bike. She managed to hold the bike up until help came. How she managed to hold up a 700 pound bike is beyond me. Trust me if she hadn't held that bike up the damage would have been extensive. The paint job is awesome and sparkles in the sunshine.

Now I being a really good friend hung out with her during her bike buying venture yesterday and made a call and got her a massage on the way home from buying the bike. I laughed when she said she only needed a half hour massage. My guy doesn't do half hour massages. I left her in good hands and went home for 2 hours. She is really glad today that she got a massage and such a good one. Tom is really good.

Now I have a purple and white sparkly bike in my garage next to my black beast. That is why we ride together so much. Her bike keeps mine company.

Am I having fun yet? I did ride her bike at the dealership and I was major league scrunched up on it. I am too tall for that bike. I will keep my black beast. I love my Fat Bob. It goes so fast and is so much fun to ride.

I hope everyone is having fun.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Wow -- Looks like fun. What do you mean 'she dropped her bike?' Did she fall off?

beachgirl said...

Yes she did. She scraped her elbow but somehow managed to hold the bike up off the ground.
I am going to call her "Drop the bike Sue" She dropped her last one twice and managed to save it also. Now everyone drops their bikes. It's going to happen. Controlled drops are the best. Less damage and you manage to get off the bike first and not get hurt. I dropped my last one. Uneven pavement and the bike started going down. I controlled the drop, saved my shoulder by not fighting it and jumped out of the way. Little damage.
We are riding tonight of course.