Saturday, January 13, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Now that 2007 is off to a good start, what changes and goals have you made for yourself?

I am working with an airlines so I can travel. The kids are doing well and going about their lives in their ways.

Now I wish I could learn how to work this blasted computer. Make it do what I want it to do.

I wish I had more flexibility in my job. I find that them being so understaffed is making it very hard to travel.
They are taking away some of my days off for coverage. Which does not make me happy. And gives me no time
to travel.

I love driving my Miata with the top down. The music loud and on a country channel.

I will learn how to drive a motorcycle this year and buy my own. I am getting a lot of flack from the kids on that one.
But thats o.k.. The weather down here is so gorgeous, and it has always been a dream of mine. Time to see it come true.

I will find more time to take pictures in interesting places. More beach time for sure.

I will hopefully get a job as a Flight Attendant. More time to travel and explore. Maybe not with my airlines, but one that flies and is financially stable. Delta is not in that position. But they will be hiring flight attendants again for the first time in years. Southwest is hiring, and they are financially stable and growing. Wish me luck. But I will continue working until I reach my goal.

So tell me what your looking to accomplish this year and what your going to do that pushes the envelope a little more.

Have an awesome day!!!

11 comments:

heiresschild said...

2007 is a year of change for me. it's already begun. i started off the new year sick, but while lying in bed for almost 2 wks, have had a lot of "reflecting" time. i don't make resolutions, but i'm always striving to live my life pleasing to God. peace and inner joy are at the top of my list.

graduation is the big event for me this year, unless i get married, in which case, i'll have 2 big events.

ever so often, i re-evaluate my relationships. some people don't add anything to my life, but subtract from it, and i have to move on from those people. i'm very focused and anything or anyone that doesn't promote positiveness or faith, i don't need around me.

i have some other things in the works that i'll unfold as they happen.

sylvia

Belizegial said...

Hey Carol

It seems that you intend to have a lot of fun this year :) Good going!

I have made commitments to certain plans for myself in 2007. A year of self evaluation and personal growth.

Safe travels in your Miata and on the new bike.

Enid

Belizegial said...

Hey Carol

It seems that you intend to have a lot of fun this year :) Good going!

I have made commitments to certain plans for myself in 2007. A year of self evaluation and personal growth.

Safe travels in your Miata and on the new bike.

Enid

heiresschild said...

well, i'm getting a lot of paperwork done and in order. that's a goal that's being achieved.

i took my blog down for a bit and deleted everything. felt good about it too. i'm trying to do some different things as far as decor this time around, so it's back up now. still working on the appearance though.

we had our first snow yesterday-not much; only 1-2 inches, but temps are low, and it's so cold. brrrr!

have a great week. i know your weather there is lovely.


sylvia

heiresschild said...

hi beachgirl, that's where i wish i were today. it's cold here, though warmer than it's been the past few days. we had snow showers on thursday, and are expecting more next week.

how's the motorcycle lessons coming along. be safe. brrrrroooommmm! enjoy the rest of the weekend.

hugs,
sylvia

beachgirl said...

Hi Sylvia,
the lessons are slow in coming due to my conflicting work schedule. But I will accomplish them for sure. I really want to ride just for me. I will arrange the safety course after the Miami Boat show. Then my schedule should clear up some what. The safety course is 3 solid days and I understand they are well worth it.
My daughter and I just returned from the chili cookoff. It's a huge outdoor country concert. Excellent as always. Crowded and lots of people watching for sure. The weather was partly sunny and mid 70's and windy. A perfect concert day.
I hope your having a fantastic weekend.
Carol

heiresschild said...

well, the good thing carol, is that you have your bike for whenever you get the time for your lessons--it's nice to work on your own schedule.

the chili cookoff sounded like a lot of fun, and i wouldn't mind a nice bowl right now. *lol*

oh yes, i tag you. check out my blog.

hugs,
sylvia

heiresschild said...

hi carol, i left you comments on my blog. just wanted to say i'm glad you weren't affected by the tornado. since you didn't mention it, i figured you were safe.

you should have an exciting day tomorrow with the family over, and then you have your motorcycle lessons to look forward to.

take care, and have a great weekend.

hugs,
sylvia

heiresschild said...

hey beachgirl,

most suitable name today, especially since it's soooo cold here. i'd love to be on a beach.

thanks for sharing your personal online dating experiences. it's good to hear different viewpoints.

have a great week.


sylvia

heiresschild said...

HAPPY BIKE RIDING BEACHGIRL!

heiresschild said...

glad you had a good bike ride. you're going to have to get a biker user name. *lol* have a great week.


sylvia