Monday, March 05, 2007

I got my motorcycle license!!!!

Now the hard part begins.
I finally got to ride my own motorcycle by myself out on the street.
Talk about scary. Boy do I need a lot of practice, lessons and time riding in a safer environment.
Thank God for a good friend that has the patience of a saint. I scared him with my turns. I scared me with my turns.
Then we have my shifting ability. Or lack there of. I feel like my foot will get stuck. Mental exercises for sure.
Don't think, just do it.

First trip out of my drive way. Traffic light, BEEP< BEEP<..Time out. Give me space. It's a Sunday, take your time.
I didn't freak, that's a good thing. I will not be rushed. I will not dart out in front of oncoming traffic. I don't in my car.
Why would I on the bike!! I just can't wave at them on the bike.

The easy part was going straight. No worries. Turns were freaky. It's going to take time to get used to the bike.
It's heavy, I sure don't want to dump it. Saddle time they call it.

I can do this without getting hurt. If I can learn how to push around aircraft, drive trucks, busses and limos. I can do this.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I sure need a ton of improvement.

3 comments:

heiresschild said...

you're so funny carol. i know you're serious, but the way you describe everything is so funny. just think back to when you first starting driving a car; it took time to learn, so it will take a little time and practice for the bike too. you still couldn't pay me a million dollars to ride. well...maybe a million. *lol* i said that before, didn't i? *lol* good thing you have a patient friend helping you. have a great weekend. safe riding.

hugs,
sylvia

beachgirl said...

Thank You Sylvia. I am glad I make you laugh.

I have tried to leave a message on your blog, but the decoder didn't like my decoding, and would not let me in. Oh well.

The weather is glorious down here. You should come visit. They are saying upper 70's and low 80's for the next week. And just sunny. No rain. And a nice breeze. I love Spring.

Have an awesome night.
Carol

heiresschild said...

hi carol,

i think blogger was having some problems last nite. every now and then the new blogger throws a temper tantrum. *lol*

we're having 50-60 degree weather thru wednesday, and thursday we're supposed to be in the 70's before the temps drop back down to the 30's and 40's. as soon as i can, i'll be there for a visit. the timing's not right for me yet.

thanx for the birthday cake pic again. still laughing. have a great week.

peace,
sylvia