Monday, January 14, 2008



I figured since everyone is freezing I would give you all a little Florida Sunshine.

Sunday was a breezy beach day. Not the best of beach days, but a beach day none the less. I got some reading done. Like half the new James Patterson novel about Alex Cross. And I started it at the gym.

Today was some gym time followed by a day of riding with my sweetie. Now I have had my bike a year tomorrow. When I bought it, he was with me and actually picked this bike out for me. He still says it was a good choice. It suits me. He drove it home for me too. I had no idea how to even turn it on. I now have over 5500 miles on it. All but 200 by me. I guess it's all good.
My sweetie and I rode all day. He lost a friend yesterday and needed to unwind. So he rode a bike, I rode my bike and we had the camera with us. Out to the Everglades we went. Down to the marina we went. He likes how I ride. Hard to believe in the year I've had the bike we've never ridden together. We may head to the Keys again tomorrow on the bikes. We'll see. (after the gym of course) He liked to ask me questions knowing he wouldn't get an answer. I had on a full face helmet. He couldn't have heard me anyway. I find myself acting like a Disney character with my full face helmet on. I didn't talk from the moment the head went on to the time it came off. I told him to enjoy the quiet. I'm not usually quiet by any stretch. He just laughed at me and turned up the music on his bike so I could hear it. He's a nice guy.


Now I have had a few good days. How about you?

Our temperature has dropped again. BRRRR!!!!!! Low 70's during the day all week and the low 50's at night. At least it's not what we had a few weeks ago. That was way too cold.

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
It's so nice that you could still go to the beach with the weather getting colder in some parts of the States. It must be so exciting riding on the motorbikes for miles and miles around. You could really enjoy your freedom. Thanks for the exciting post. God bless and have a wonderful and exciting day always.

beachgirl said...

Hi Mel,
I do love riding. I rode all day again yesterday. My neck is kind of fatigued due to my helmet and the wind. Two days is tough on the neck with the kind of riding i did. But we had some really nice days on the bikes.
It's only going to be in the 70's this week. I can live with that. Maybe some beach time today if I'm lucky.
After the gym of course.

I hope all is well in your world.