Tuesday, January 29, 2008







Welcome to my life lately.

Saturday I spent at the gym and riding my motorcycle. What a great day. I rode all the way up to Palm Beach by myself.

Sunday was the Chili Cook off. This is one of the largest country concerts in the country. It's crazy. Tons of people. The music is incredible. At least 5 top country acts are there every year. This years biggest group was Big & Rich. Fun. Taylor Swift, Gretchen Wilson, etc. I went with my daughter, my adopted sons girlfriend, my adopted sons younger brother, and my girlfriend Judy. Just an all around good day.

Monday was my sweeties birthday. So we rode to the beach for breakfast. (after the gym) He spent lunch with his Mom, Then we went out to dinner. Yummy Thai food.

Today was ride all day. (after the gym) We went to Key Biscayne and just had a great Florida kind of day. Key Biscayne is in Miami and the start of the Florida Keys. Just a really neat place. The shack is actually a very old squatters camp / restaurant that sells smoked fish and drinks. The owner has been squatting there since 1954 in a park and there is nothing anyone can do about it. What a really cool place. No rent, no taxes. I do believe he has it made. I actually tried the smoke tuna. Really good. And I don't like fish. We had also stopped at a very old Cuban place. Grabbed some Ropa Vieja (old socks) which is shredded beef. My favorite Cuban food. We brought it to Jimbos where we had the smoked fish. Then we went to the end of Key Biscayne to the state park and took cool pictures of the light house and the surrounding area. A nice relaxing day.

So what has everyone been up to while I have been off riding my motorcycle?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Could we trade places for a day? I want the one you just had--I know I'd love it. Thanks for taking me along on your day.

heiresschild said...

well, since you asked what i was doing, i was trying to stay warm. LOL our winds are gusting up to about 40mph tonite thru tomorrow evening.

when you send photos to me and i click on the attachment for the picture to open, there are two half-moon-like shapes underneath the photos that are used for rotating.

beachgirl said...

Hi Cheryl,
I do enjoy my lifestyle. My sweetie and I just had a good couple of days. We are looking at heading over to the west coast of Florida next Sunday thru Tuesday. He has 3 days off in a row. Kind of like a mini vacation before we work crazy days at the Miami boat show. My 5 days a year that I don't come up for air. Or we'll go out of town after that. We'll see. Now realize we can be in Sanibel in 2 hours. Florida is really skinny.
Do you know how to rotate the picture on the blog? Help anyone!!!
Thanks Sylvia.

Leslie: said...

I'd love to trade places with you, too. It's all cold and snowy here and I hate it. But once this is gone spring cannot be far behind. Glad you had a great time and the food sounds yummy.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
Your life seems pretty exciting, what with those going around and meeting new friends and spending quality time with your friends. You are able to try new places and enjoy new exotic foods. What more can you ask in life?
Thanks for the wonderful post. The pictures are all so fantastic. Have a great day traveling always. God bless you and your family always.

none said...

Motorcycle trips are the best. I think socks are calcetines but it still is an interesting name for shredded beef :)