Friday, June 27, 2008




I got tented this week for termites. If you've ever had the pleasure of this experience, you know how fun it can be. First you have to find a place to stay for up to 3 days. Pack up all food items, toiletries, etc. Not gag on all the things you are throwing out. (It is good for purging the refrigerator and pantry though.)
As you can tell from the picture we had some damage. Now how that got broken I am not sure. But I would thing their might have been some termites hanging out in the woodwork. Then one of the guys putting up the tent did a little stepping.
Three adults and 2 dogs, and a cat stuffed into a small hotel room was cramped. It's a very good thing my kids are grown and we like each other. The dogs (especially my little white one) decided they needed to announce every single person walking down the hall. We were thinking of buying some muzzles. The cat was a champ. Much to our surprise. Poor Izzie had eyes like saucers and was a total nervous mess the whole time. Shiloh considered it a huge adventure like anything new. Lets just say I am happy to be home. But the cleanup continues.
I have washed the linens, the floors, the refrigerator, my underwear. (i know, they say it's not harmful and you don't need to, but I really like clean undies, clean dishes, etc.) If what they use kills bugs, etc. Do I really want to eat off the plates, drink from the cups and use the silver ware before washing. I think I will just put my mind to rest and do some cleaning for my own peace of mind.
My daughter still went to work, I went to school, and my son just worked from a hotel instead of home. We still went to the gym. But we ate out. So life went on. And the termites hopefully died and won't land on my daughter anymore while she's sleeping. Which will make us all happier. Thats what started this whole mess.
My weekend will hopefully be spent on the beach. Tonight is a Toby Keith concert and the weather looks like it will cooperate. It's an outside amphitheater. This is a fun venue. But only if it stays dry. I've been poured on twice up there. Not fun for sure. Then it takes an hour to get home.

HAVE A FUN WEEKEND EVERYONE. I HAVE SOME MORE CLEANING TO DO AND PUT THE FOOD ITEMS BACK IN THE PANTRY IN A ORGANIZED MANNER.

1 comment:

Ian Lidster said...

My heart goes out to Walter. How tragic at such an early age. May it all go into remission