Thursday, December 11, 2008

I am such a bad friend.

Well that is what Nancy thinks. She wants out of rehab and I am refusing to go pick her up. She called her parents first and they called me after saying they would come get her. Well I put a stop to that and then sicked my friend Henry on her parents,. Lets just say they are staying in Jacksonville and not giving into her demands. I talked to them 4 times in the last 24 hours. Nancy has no clue that we are all in cohoots on this. Nor are we telling her.,

If I have my way I will have her husband cancel all her credit cards and pull the rug out from under her also. Maybe if she has nothing more to loose she just might get it. So far she just wants to run.

I chewed her a new ass whole when she called and told her to suck it up. She said she was going to call cab, check into a hotel and call the airlines and change her flight home. I told her to empty the mini bar and drink up while she was at it. I also asked her what she was afraid of. Maybe that it was all starting to get into her pickled brain that she can't drink or she will die. No one said it was going to be easy. But she is at a critical point and she has to stick with it.

We are all realizing that Nancy is going to need some long term care. Like a half way house or an extended program to keep her going. And she is fighting the 28 days. Imagine what she will fight us all on that. I guess the program is telling her that she needs extended help too. Hence she is trying to run. We are trying to make it so she has no place to run to.

So please keep Nancy in your prayers. She sure needs it. Hopefully she didn't run away from rehab tonight. I will call tomorrow and see if she's still there.

5 comments:

beachgirl said...

Update on Nancy.
She packed her bags and called a cab. She was one very pissed of alcoholic when no one would come and get her.
I haven't heard from her.

BBC said...

That girl sounds like a real hand full. And not worthy of being a friend?

She also sounds self destructive.

beachgirl said...

BBC:

She has been my friend for over 30 years. But I will be walking away because she is full of shit and doesn't see it. We all are. It will be tough, but she doesn't realize it is for the best.

I did talk to her today. She called. And she was surprised that I knew she had left. She is refusing to go to meetings and doesn't want to talk about it.

I hope she gets it some day.

Ian Lidster said...

Ultimately it will be up to Nancy -- or not -- as we both know.
Now, as much as I love you, could you lose the red on your blog? It's really difficult to read. And I like reading you.

beachgirl said...

OK Ian. Consider the color changed.

Update on Nancy and the last one I promise.


She has been calling often. (ridiculous) I have not been answering. Yesterday I called to see what she wanted and she was drunk. No surprise there. I guess she made it a total of 21 days. She couldn't drink in rehab.