Wednesday, January 14, 2009





The last week in our family we celebrated another birthday. This one was Cade's 24th birthday. Cade is the younger brother of my adopted son Logan. His request for dinner was tacos and a german chocolate cake. We had a nice time.

This week was also a full moon. I hung out up on the beach lying on my back trying to get a good shot. My favorite full moon shots still come from Cabo last March.

On Monday evening I had my first audition for a poker dealing job. I bombed it so bad. I was so nervous my brain shut down. Now I have to find experience doing bar poker or charity events. Now the good news is , once I get experience they want me to come back and audition again. I knew I needed experience but I didn't expect to totally loose my train of thought. Unbelievable. I am so mad at myself.

This weekend I am on pet patrol again while everyone is gone in different directions. A family wedding on my wusband's side.
The kids are staying in NY city so they can enjoy the city instead of Northern NJ. My daughter is heading to Denver for her god daughters christening. Then I have company coming in all weekend. On top of being on airport duty. Fun times. The good news is the airport is 10 minutes away.

I hope everyone is staying warm. It even got cold down here this week.

Stop by and say hello and let me know what everyone is doing.

4 comments:

KathyA said...

I think an audition like that would be nerve-wracking.
It IS extremely cold and the temp is dropping like stone.

KathyA said...

Just read your comment about music and immediately went to ITunes and purchased "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. KD Lang also does a version, but I liked Buckley's better. I'm wondering if this is the one you're referring to. It's beautiful -- I've heard it before on WEST WING. Kathy

Cheryl said...

Not much happening out my way. I wanted to watch stuff I recorded on the DVR, but caught up on blogs instead. Your's is the last but not least. My daughter is skiing, and I'm waiting up for her to return. I'm off for the next few days. Can't wait for the inauguration.

Ian Lidster said...

But, I bet cold down there is a kind of relative thing, somehow. Sort of like cold in Hawaii.