Monday, January 26, 2009





Yesterday was the annual Chili Cook off. It's a huge country concert that has a massive chili cook off contest. But you can't eat the chili. You can't even buy chili at the cook off.

We had a blast like usual. Alan Jackson was the final performer and was just incredible. My daughter and I have seen him like 6 times now. He puts on a great show. Not as full blown as his big concerts, but boy can he sing.

The pictures are of me sitting on a crotch rocket motorcycle, the concert and my daughter Lauren and her best friend Andrea. I consider Andrea my adopted daughter. Andrea moved back from the west coast a few months ago and is settling back into having family around again. Not always easy some days. But my house is her haven like when she was growing up.

I hope everyone has as awesome a weekend as I did.

4 comments:

KathyA said...

We had a nice weekend but it's substantially colder here. Looks like you really had fun!

beachgirl said...

We had a blast for sure. The concert gets crazier every year.

Cheryl said...

Fun! I'd love to hear Alan Jackson. He seems like such a good guy. Did you get to watch any of the chili judging? I'm surprised you couldn't buy any.

Ian Lidster said...

What fun. You are one lovely lady. Thanks for the photos.