Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy weekend almost.

My daughter and I will be flying into DC tomorrow for a long weekend. We are being tourists and just having a non schedule kind of trip. We have a lot of friends in the area.

So all of my friends in the area. I hope you enjoy my kind of weather. I see it's going to be a warm one. I love it.

My daughter and I are staying downtown at 14th and K. We wanted to be in the middle of everything and not rent a car.

The last few days have been incredible down here. I spent a day on the beach. It sure doesn't get better than the last few days. Mid 80's. sunny, nice breeze. Just awesome. Today I did my day 5 at the gym followed by a 5 hours motorcycle ride.

So tomorrow I will pack and get everything ready in the house for my adopted daughter to come in and watch the pets for the weekend.. She jumped at the chance to have a really quiet weekend away from her older brother who she lives with. She moved back east about 6 months ago and is in the process of getting a divorce. She's having a little bit of a problem being around her family again. Like her Dad, step monster, older and younger brother. You get the idea. She wants some peace and quiet and her cell phone doesn't get reception in my house.

Have a fun weekend. I know I will.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

You've picked a great weekend weather-wise to visit us!! Should be in the 80's tomorrow through Monday.
Enjoy yourselves. Oh and a suggestion: a neat tapas restaurant-- Zaytinya -- it's on 9th street. I think you'll love it!

Cheryl said...

Yes...you picked a great weekend. I hope you're having a great time.