Tuesday, May 26, 2009





MEMORIAL DAY 2009

This condo building is almost 100% empty due to season being over. Until you see these for yourself from the ocean you don't realize how total some buildings are seasonal only.

I thought this was a cool picture of the sailboat slowly making his way into the inlet with the light house behind the boat. He was going so slow there was a long line of boats behind him.

We were lucky that we got a few hours of sunshine. So Randy wanted to take the boat out and use it for a change. Lots of boaters had the same idea. But as you can tell the clouds started building and things were going to get really interesting if people didn't start heading in.

Randy got a phone call warning us of the incoming weather. We listened and headed for dry land. We got back to his house and it was a really good thing his daughter was home. The tide went out and we didn't leave the boat lift down low enough. So her boyfriend came out and dropped the lift and helped us secure the boat before the rain started.

I had a great weekend all in all. Friday night I got a little ride in between storms. Saturday I had brunch with friends from Orlando, then drove my son and daughter in law to the airport then I went for a couple hour ride on my bike. But alas, the storms moved in and I headed for home.

Sunday was gym, breakfast with a friend then out on a boat for the afternoon. Busy and fun day. I managed to get some sunshine in between these horrendous storms we have been having.

Today a friend who works for the Harley dealership called to see if I needed an oil change yet. He knew I was close. So he sent the guy from the shop over and trailered my bike into the shop for an oil change and 5,000 mile service. I have prepaid maintenance. Now I just need a ride to go pick it up later. It's all good. Now that is what I call service with a smile.

I hope everyone had as nice a weekend as I did and that your weather was much nicer. We are really wet and it doesn't look like it will dry out any time soon.

Have an awesome day.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

We had a lovely weekend, thank you! Got a lot of gardening done. The weather was warm and sunny until about 2 yesterday when black clouds and thunder rolled in. It's cool here today and cloudy -- only about 55. Is the inlet you've pictured south of the Harbor Spa Marriott?

beachgirl said...

Hi kathy,
I don't think so on the Marriott. That is the Hillsborough inlet in Deerfield. It's one of my favorite stops when I am on the bike. It also has a clean bathroom. Just a nice place to take a break.