Friday, November 13, 2009



OASIS OF THE SEAS!!!

This is one huge cruise ship. It is the largest cruise ship in the world and it pulled into Port Everglades this morning. They even built a new terminal to accommodate the over 3,000 people it will carry.

I went down to the beach along with a lot of others bright and early this morning to watch it come in the port. Impressive. They said it was coming in between 8:30 and 9. It's a good thing I went down around 7:30. It came in around 8 am. Wasted no time.
I met a really nice couple from Germany that invited me to come visit in Germany. They even have a guest room. How come Americans don't do that? They found it amusing that I was so bundled up. It was cold and 56 degrees. Breezy. Don't laugh. Thats cold for me.

What fun do you have planned for this weekend? I will be out and about riding all weekend alone. Sue's parents are in town and she spends it with them. Which is cool.
The weather is supposed to be gorgeous, 60's to 70's. What great riding weather.

Have an awesome weekend.

1 comment:

KathyA said...

I am so glad you got a picture and posted it!!! We usually stay on the other side of the inlet at the Marriott and watch the ships come in from that side. We REALLY wanted to sit on the balcony and see this behemoth come in!!!! but couldn't get down to FL. THANK YOU!!! How exciting.....