Saturday, November 08, 2008

I have had a good week.

I got rid of some of my stress factors.

It's amazing what you can do to improve your mental state by figuring out what is bothering you and doing something about it.
I figured out what was bothering me and improved my mood. I am so much less stressed and happier,.

I started working out with a friend of mine at the gym, then he added a few more girls / woman to the mix, Almost immediately I started to try and get away from the group. I like to work out alone and keep it moving. Not standing around talking and waiting for everyone to go so I can do another rep. I just don't have the patience to wait. I don't want to wait. Well the others had a problem with my attitude. I had a problem with so many people working out near me and affecting me while I tried to workout. So my attitude started to really suck. And I was the only one working out 5 days a week. The fact that I do my abs at home didn't help. So they kept bitching to my friend that I was a bitch, not friendly, not supportive, arrogant, etc. But of course they didn't say this to my face. I found out all they said when I talked to my friend. I called him to quit the group. Almost instantly my sanity returned, my mood improved. I saw my friend on Tuesday morning and he couldn't believe how much better and less stressed I was. Hopefully his workouts with the harem will be less stressful also. But I doubt it. Anytime you get that many different personalities in a group, it won't work.

I am doing doubles at school to finish up. Hopefully this week. Lets keep the fingers crossed on that one.

I have also gotten back on my bike after letting my thumb heal after hyper extending it. And the weather has improved enough for me to get back on the beach on my days off. I needed sunshine.

So all in all I had a great week. I hope you did also.

4 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, and the courage to change the things we can.
Bravo for you for making that change.

beachgirl said...

Thank You Ian.
It took me awhile to figure it out. But I did it.

I also graduated tonight from dealer school. Now I am really happy.

heiresschild said...

if more people would deal with what's really bothering them, and not blame other people, the whole world would be a better place, and i think there'd be less divorces too. good for you Carol!

heiresschild said...

plus sunshine really does make a difference.