Wednesday, February 04, 2009



It's cold again. Tonight they say it will go down in the 30's. I am not sure I like that idea.

My weekend was ok. Nothing big happening. My back has been really bothering me. Thats not good. But I still haven't given up the gym. I am just taking it easier.

I have a friend of mine that has been coming in an out from DC helping at his brothers restaurant. His brother is one of my best friends. We were really surprised to have a very mutual attraction to each other. But as all things go we have thought it out and decided logistics are just not good. I have no intention of moving out of sunny south Florida away from the sunshine, and my kids. He has no desire to move back to South Florida. Now he has a government job that he likes. I know and love DC. I lived there for 7 years. But I am NOT moving back. I really like my lifestyle. So before we acted on this mutual attraction we thought things thru. He's back in DC today and back to work. I will miss the connection. He's one of the nicest and real people I have gotten to know in a really long time. He's cautious and thinks things out before he acts. Wow.

My other sweetie is gone too. Oh well. That has always been the nature of the relationship. I do believe I am going to take a long break from guys. Maybe I will find another Mario locally. That would be really nice.

I hope everyone is staying warm.

3 comments:

KathyA said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out. It was really healthy, however, that the two of you made the decision a cognitive one, rather than emotional. I don't blame you about not wanting to leave Florida or to come back here. Both places are so very different.
Is the restaurant a big one? We go into DC for dinner a lot.

beachgirl said...

The restaurant is down here. He has been coming down and running it while his brother is dealing with his health issues. Hopefully his brother will be home soon. And life for this family will start to settle down. It's been going on for 9 months. Everyones is really tired.

As for leaving Florida. Not something I am willing to do.

Cheryl said...

Will you still see him when he comes to help out? You're smart to think before you act. A co-worker of mine is in a wonderful relationship with a guy who lives in FL. Their problem is he wants a child, and she, at 45, is no way. And they can't keep away from each other. Fate just works out that way sometimes.

Is you back any better?

Enjoy your time in Disney. Sounds great to me!