Wednesday, June 24, 2009













I AM BACK!!!!!!

We had so much fun. The weather was wet for the most part. Rain gear was our normal attire on this trip. Thank God for rain gear. We had 2 gorgeous ride days up in New Hampshire. What gorgeous country side. Wow.

Sunday we had Sunday dinner with Romeo's 93 year old mom. She cooks every Sunday and there is no excuse for not eating her food. She's a trip. Then we all took off on the bikes and rode around Newport, RI. Pretty place.

Monday we took off for New Hampshire. Wet until we got into our final destination. North Conway, NH. We tried to beat the storms. Didn't happen. Tuesday and WEdnesday were gorgeous. Perfect ride days. Home on Thursday. Rain gear back on just in case. Not bad but cold and damp. If we hadn't put on our rain gear we would have gotten soaked.

We ate lots of lobster rolls and lobster. That was my goal. Yummy. Food was great. Romeo's cousin owns an Italian restaurant in North Conway so we ate their twice. Oh so good.

My bed and breakfast was really nice and comfy. It was nice getting away from the guys for a bit. One of the other guys brought his girlfriend and they stayed down the road from me. Everything was convenient.

Pasquale loves Dunkin Doughnuts. I swear if I never stop in another one I am ok. I took lots of pictures of Dunkin Doughnuts as a joke. These guys from Rhode Island love their coffee. I consider that a better alternative than drinking. Which a lot of bikers do. But not my group.

I am happy to be home. But I will miss the Rhode Island crew. Romeo was the perfect host. We stayed at his house. Gorgeous house. It's over 100 years old. He is constantly renovating things. He does all the work himself.

Yesterday was a dentist appt. Tough visit and expensive. Today was back to my routine of gym followed by a gorgeous beach day. I needed sunshine.

I hope everyone had a great week.

4 comments:

heiresschild said...

hi Carol, welcome back! glad you had a safe and fun trip. sounds like a good riding crew.

i just finished 2 classes, A's in both classes, then i'm chillin' for the next 2 wks til new classes begin. my last 3 classes for my degree. yea!!! it's been hard, but a great accomplishment.

have a great weekend!

beachgirl said...

Hi Sylvia,
I have a busy weekend. My brother in law is in and my husband has returned from Iraq. He will be coming down tomorrow for a week of sun and beach with an ocean attached. So I will have a busy week.
Should be a fun filled week.

Ian Lidster said...

Loved your road trip pics, despite the rain you obviously encountered. A bit of a climate change for you.

Please drop by my blog sometime. I miss you.

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful trip, despite the weather. Great pictures. Welcome home!