Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!

I love this holiday. It's all about green beer (yuck), corn beef and cabbage (yum) and just celebrating the fact that I am part Irish.

Today I am lying low trying to get over what ever is wrong in my chest. I either still have an infection in my chest or have pulled a muscle. So no gym for a few days. This is way to painful. The pain radiates from front to back in my upper left chest and trying to invade the right side. My Dr says its a virus that's going around. I personally think this just came back from last month with a vengeance. So anti-inflamatories, a z-pack just in case it is bacterial. I just want the pain gone. I don't sit well.

Last week was tough on a few bikers. One of our dearest friends died from pneumonia. Nice guy. His funeral is tomorrow night. 5 pm viewing with services at 6. He was probably cremated. There will be a celebration of his life after the services. And a ride later in his honor.
Another rider went down after she partied too hard at the fireman's charity event. My take is the girl is nuts drinking and riding her own bike like that anyway. I have seen her in action way too many times out of control doing stupid things. I try and stay away from her when we are riding.

Tomorrow would have been my 32nd anniversary. Not all bad memories and I am glad we are becoming friends now. I say it's about time to let the negative go and go about living our lives and sharing fun times with our grown children. He was down last weekend to celebrate our sons 27th birthday. He rode with us all weekend. Two weekends in a row around each other and no fighting. Works for me.

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day and a very Happy Birthday to Ray who is a from birth friend of mine. He is 52 today.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

1. Happy Birthday to Ray.
2. Stay on top of that pain -- make sure it's not your heart. So many women are asymptomatic with heart problems.
3. Sorry about the losses you suffered -- there seems to me to be a "culling of the herd" lately. I think celebrating the one friend's life with a ride is a great idea.

Belizegial said...

Hope you're feeling better Carol. Enjoy your week ahead.