Tuesday, March 02, 2010







Sunday we had 16 bikes on a ride to Homestead.

Fun times for sure.
We stopped at an old BBQ place that had fantastic food and got our food out quickly.
Then off to the Homestead winery out in the middle of nowhere.
This place was gorgeous. I couldn't believe the courtyard. Gorgeous waterfalls, lots of connected tiki huts with comfy seats and pit areas. They sold their fruit wine. Not grapes. Way too sweet for me and not my type at all. Did I mention expensive.
A few of our group got different bottles of wine, cheese and crackers, yummy ice cream. We had fun. Went on the tour which was a joke if you have ever been on a winery tour.
They were setting up for a wedding, so we took off and headed out for a few places closer to home.

My sweetie and I are working things out. Time will tell. We have a busy month that won't have a lot of time together available.
The picture is of Bud and I. He's tall and snuggly.

I leave for Daytona on Thursday. Half the group wants to leave tomorrow. I have no desire to go up early.
If one of our group can't go (we find out tonight), I will just drive up in my car. Much warmer. It is supposed to be really cold. low 50's during the day and in the 30's at night. BRRRRR. And we are supposed to stay at my house an hour away. Now they want at least a night local in Daytona closer. The other girl in the group is trying to fit way too much in , didn't ask me what I would like to do or the others. I think she is going to be really disappointed and expects way too much of a bike rally that is packed with bikers. The venues are really far apart, etc. I almost would prefer to stay home.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Sometimes getting a consensus with that large a group is difficult. Glad to know you guys are still working on things -- I hope you both get what it is that you want.
Heading down to the Gulf side next Monday -- the weather doesn't look great, but hopefully will be better than it is here.

beachgirl said...

A work in progress for sure.