Saturday, June 12, 2010







A day in the life on the golf course.
As I go round and round and round I go. I see pilfering raccoons, begging ducks, even the babies know how to beg now. And they are only a few weeks old. The squirrel cracked me up getting some shade by the clubhouse.
If you look really close in the grass shot you will see a burrowing owl. They are protected and will his and attack you if you get too close. I have counted 6 owls now between 3 protected nests in the middle of the golf course.

Today I rode up to Lantana to an very old restaurant with just the girls. What a gorgeous ride.
Fun ride for sure.
Tomorrow I am going around and around again from 7 a.m. until it either rains or around 7:30 pm. Long day. I don't usually work weekends. Someone is on vacation.

Have an awesome weekend. Go USA in World Cup Soccer. We made it thru the first game tying with England. Oh Yea.

4 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KathyA said...

That squirrel was funny! I think it's neat that the owls are nesting and are protected -- looks like you work at a golf course/preserve!!
Really hot and humid here -- just like living in Florida!

beachgirl said...

It was so hot today the storms moved in just as I got to work. The sirens went off and the storm just hung over the course. I got to go home after 2 hrs. I just didn't feel like working another day in this heat for 8 hrs. I did 13 hrs yesterday on the course.

Cheryl said...

I know a lot of people golf just to commune with nature. Lots of nature in your pics!