Saturday, August 21, 2010





My girlfriend Sandra closed her restaurant a month ago. Now she is doing cooking classes, wine pairings and cooking for private parties. She continues to amaze me with her resilience.

The wine pairing was fun to work. She needed someone to help. I love making easy money. It worked out well.

She found a kitchen appliance show room in Coral Gables that has the most amazing working kitchen in the show room. She rents it out for her functions. Her former customers love her cooking and follow her. Dinner was seriously yummy. I skipped the wine since I was there to work and pour all 5 different wines.

Work is seriously slow right now. I can't wait until this heat goes away just a little. Like lets get the heat index under 100 please. It has been dry and Africa hot.

Have a fun weekend. Mine is all family stuff. My oldest turns 32 tomorrow. The Wusband is in for the weekend.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

One has to respect that kind of resiliency!
I think working at a wine pairing would be fun, too.
Just got back from Naples -- where we had a wonderful time in spite of the high temps (spent most of my time up to my neck in the Gulf) and high humidity!!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.