Friday, August 06, 2010



Some days it pays to stay in bed.

Yesterday was such a day.

The gym was crazy weird people. Then off to work I go.

Dead. No money and I twisted my ankle. But the worst was biting into a hard pretzel and breaking a crown. I didn't just break it, it broke off my tooth. Now this is a crown I had put on in the last 2 yrs. The same tooth the endodontist had to work on for a root canal last summer. The same tooth my dentist charged me $900 to work on the tooth and repair the crown he swore would hold after the endodontist drilled thru it. I guess I was right in believing it wasn't going to hold. So I am calling this my $4,000 tooth. I am pissed. But being a silver lining kind of girl at least the tooth doesn't hurt.

My friends were all going riding last night. Nope. I wasn't chancing it. I had had a bad day and wasn't chancing it.

I have a busy riding weekend taking pictures for lots of events planned. But will my foot / ankle hold. I may have to tap my boyfriend to ride me around.

I am also watching a friends little dog for 12 days. Nice dog. My little Shiloh is not playing nice. I hope she calms down or it's going to be a long 12 days for sure. Right now I am rotating dogs around. Shiloh in 1 area, the other 2 in another, switch to outside, switch to inside front room. You get the idea.

Then add on menopause kicking in with hot flashes, night sweats etc. Guarenteed it had been creeping in, now it's just here.
I think it's not a good idea I am around people right now. I am just plain cranky.

Have a fun weekend.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

Been there with the flashes -- take isoflavones -- a couple a day. The hot flashes and night sweats just stop. I get them at the natural food market.
And so sorry you had a crappy day. Smart decision not to go out riding -- why tempt fate?

beachgirl said...

Thank you for the info Kathy. Where do I find them? In the herbal section?