Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day everyone!!!!

Tomorrow is my 49th birthday. Now how can I be 49 years old already. I look around at my grown children and wonder where has the time gone. I sure don't feel 49. But what does 49 feel like?

I still haven't found a job. So I have just been hanging out on the beach with Francesca from Chicago. She is a total blast. You can never get her out of the water. What a total water baby. She is so tan it's not funny. Yesterday she cooked a traditional Greek dinner for my family and some of her local friends. She's been staying with me. So she and my daughter have been bonding in the kitchen. They both love to cook. I'm letting them. I'll gladly clean up.

Today we are heading to the beach as a family to celebrate my birthday early. Since it's Labor Day everyone's off. So that makes 2 family days in a row. Then home for a BBQ and cake. Works for me. The kids love hanging out together. We have family dinners every week. I sure got lucky on that one. But as I like to say. I raised them to be friends. It's nice to see it worked.

Now tomorrow Franny goes home to Chicago to start packing. She has put her condo on the market and is looking to move to South Florida with the rest of us sun seeking crazy people. She thrives in the environment for sure.

I am also picking up my matted and framed photos this week for my first photography show. I can't wait to see the finished product. The show will either be the 15th of September or October 20th. The owner of the place that is hosting it has been out of the country on vacation and may have missed the deadline for the publisher. I should know this week. Either day works for me. It will be interesting to see if anyone will pay for my work. Do to the cost of framing they are going to be pricey. Only time will tell.

I hope everyones having a wonderful final long summer weekend.

16 comments:

heiresschild said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL aka BEACHGIRL!

i know you had a good holiday birthday weekend, and today is your special day, so HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! it's nice to celebrate with family and good friends, so you all enjoy the rest of this really special day and to use your words, HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!

love & hugs to you and francesca!
sylvia

heiresschild said...

i can see your blog better with the white writing. good color match!

beachgirl said...

Thank you Sylvia!!

Now if i could just post some pictures.
I just had a gorgeous 2 1/2 hour ride up the beach. So nice.

Then the afternoon with Francesca before she leaves today for home. Then the kids are having me to their home tonight for dinner. I have never had a 3 day birthday celebration before.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol and Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you! I am sorry, I have not minded my manners and stopped by before this. Busy...is my excuse..as always..I did appreciate your comment on my blog the other day. It made me feel good that you sided with me...and didn't think I was a complete and utter loon the first time you stopped by and there I was confessing to doing a dastardly thing!

I hope you have had a very happy birthday.

beachgirl said...

Hi Ellie,
Thank you for stopping by and for the birthday wishes. We had a 3 day Labor Day, family time, fun celebration. I've never had a 3 day celebration before. Kind of fun. My kids are best friends and find any excuse to be together.
No worries on who I side with. I am controversial on a good day. But I will never tolerate rude and piggish house guests. I actually find them other accommodations. We're former military, so we spent a lot of time in others homes. I never had a complaint. And when family came visiting for special occasions , everyone stayed at a hotel. No favorites. That sure solved any problems.

Have an awesome day.

Carol

oomi said...

nice colour combination

heiresschild said...

hi carol,

never had a 3-day birthday celebration before, eh? well, this was definitely a year of new beginnings for you. who knows, you may get up to a whole month like me one of these years. *lol*

whatever you do today i know will be enjoyable. have a great day!

oomi said...

thanx 4 nothing dear!

Princess Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Beachgirl and thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving behind a very kind comment.
I will be linking up with your blog. Thanks for the nice article. God bless you and your family.

Leslie: said...

Hi Carol, Happy Belated Birthday to yoooooo...la la la...Isn't it great to be able to celebrate on more than one day? I have a milestone one coming up so I'm going to do what Sylvia does and celebrate the whole month of October! And Congrats on the photo show. WHERE can I see your photos online?

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Happy Birthday Beachgirl. May you have many more wonderful birthdays to come. I have already linked up with your blog. May I invite you to visit mine? Thanks and happy birthday again. May the good Lord bless you with all the blessings and graces He has stored for you in His great storehouse of blessings.

heiresschild said...

LOL what did you to the "oomi" person above to get that kind of response (thanx 4 nothing dear?????) LOL

beachgirl said...

Hi Sylvia,
I am hoping it's a language barrier issue.
Kind of lost in translation. I didn't take it personal.

I am just taking care of my art show business today. With Franny's help out in Chicago. She's dealing with the delay of my art work arriving after I lost it with the supervisor. I hear it will be in on Monday now. So I hope it is true and in time for the show next Saturday.

beachgirl said...

Hi Sylvia,
I am hoping it's a language barrier issue.
Kind of lost in translation. I didn't take it personal.

I am just taking care of my art show business today. With Franny's help out in Chicago. She's dealing with the delay of my art work arriving after I lost it with the supervisor. I hear it will be in on Monday now. So I hope it is true and in time for the show next Saturday.

JR's Thumbprints said...

As long as in your mind you feel youngs, and you keep active, than forty-nine ain't nothing.

beachgirl said...

OK everyone,

I promise a new blog today.

Carol