Sunday, December 16, 2007






Friday night we all celebrated the 20th Anniversary of my friend Walter's Italian restaurant up on the beach. Talk about a fun times. His parents flew in from New York, (they just had their 50th Anniv.), they are here now thru the Holidays. All our friends and fellow bikers were out in full force with families in tow. The DJ was fantastic and just played great music all night long. Now anyone who comes to visit will be eating at Little Venice. I love his food, I love the location, (can't beat the beach front location). And all the locals eat there.

Now anyone who lives down here knows, if the locals eat at your restaurant, you stay in business during the slow season. Now at Little Venice it takes on new meaning. If your a friend of Walter's and he's slamming, we roll silverware, bus tables, refill drinks and just lend a hand and get him thru the crunch. Oh and we generally wait on ourselves. But we also get to eat what we want, or in my case what the boss feels like eating (thank God we like the same foods), what the cook feels like feeding us. You get the idea.

Now I rode my bike up to the beach, pulled it in behind his place and in between cars and brought my camera bag. I was the photographer. My gift to Walter. He now will have a disc with the whole night and about 300 pictures that capture the night. Dancing on the beach, all his friends and family and his kids friends and family. My kids all came down later and joined in the fun.

I have just had a good weekend. Yesterday I spent on the beach with a friend, just soaking up the sun. The college kids are back in town. The northern visitors are escaping the snow. I can't say I blame them.

I hope everyone has an awesome day. I am off to the gym before the rain hits for the day. Then maybe do some Christmas baking.

8 comments:

Leslie: said...

And you're going to take me there when I come to visit, right? lol Oh how I wish I could escape the wind and rain here. It's only 4:13 pm and it's just about dark right now. Well, the shortest day of the year is only 4 days away. It'll brighten up soon enough. Glad you had a fun weekend!

beachgirl said...

Of course I will take you there. My favorite place to eat. Good food, good friends and the beach. No worries.

It just dropped 20 degrees outside. BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Belizegial said...

Carol, lovely pics. I can even smell the pizza (:-)

Have a great week ahead,
Enid

heiresschild said...

how wonderful to still be in business 20 yrs later, and even more wonderful for the parents to be celebrating 50 yrs of marriage. sounds like a great time was had by all. when i come, he'll have to make me a veggie pizza with NO CHEESE. lol

i hope you got your 20 degrees back. our winds have been very blustery here the past 2 days. trees and wires are down, power is off in many homes, but the good news is the winds are starting to die down today. enjoy your day Carol!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Beachgirl,
You sure must be having a lot of fun on the beach eating your favorite Italian food at Little Venice. How blessed can you be. Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. May you enjoy the very best of the holiday season. God bless and have a wonderful and sunny day at the beach.

beachgirl said...

Thanks Mel,
I sure do have fun on most days. I say life is for living and I try to be around people who feel the same.

Have an awesome evening.

heiresschild said...

you called it Carol. Kelly went home tonite, and i do think Patti will be at the finals, but my Michael Bolton might be along with her.

heiresschild said...

this show is fun, and i love that it's only 4 days also. all of these reality shows should be so short. have a great nite!