Thursday, February 19, 2009

THE AMAZING RACE

My daughter and I will be submitting our application and video to the Amazing Race today. We shot the video yesterday. They should have a great laugh. My daughter in law has wanted to do the show for the last 5 years. Originally she was going to do it with my daughter. Everyone decided our teaming up would be funnier and probably win us the race. And get us on the show. They have never had a mother in law / daughter in law team. And our relationship isn't the best on a good day. She frustrates the hell out of me. She' s a drama queen and very selfish. Time will tell. And she says I never listen.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

5 comments:

KathyA said...

Well good luck on both the race and the relationship with your DIL. Does she read your blog? I'm a MIL to three. I try to be a good one, but it is a path frought with stumblings.

Cheryl said...

That would be so COOL!!!

beachgirl said...

Hi Kathy and Cheryl,
If we make it on the show it will get interesting real quickly. And no my family does not read my blog. Which is a good thing.
My DIL is Columbian and our view of family dynamics is really different. I stay out of everything and her family has their nose in everything. So then I get accused of not showing care and concern. A no win situation for sure. But to be fair my other kids get the same complaints. WE just don't believe in interfering.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Bertha said...

Go for it! Sound like a great experience!

www.conversationswithbertha.com

heiresschild said...

so did you make it, or were your try-outs for the next season?