Saturday, February 14, 2009





HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

I have been out of town at Disney for a few days. I was a friend of Mickey's for years. (character) So I still have friends that are friends also. My sister said it was embarrassing that I kept getting bear hugs and being totally engulfed by stray characters. I miss my friends and they miss me. It also makes it fun. Bear hugs are good.

My baby sister was in from New Jersey with my 13 year old niece and her friend Molly. My niece is 6' tall already. WE had a blast. Molly had never been before, so we showed her a really good time. She fell in love with the Animal Kingdom as much as we love it.

My take on Valentines day is not a good one. I believe it is a card company holiday and the retailers and florist jack up prices sky high. I also believe that your sweetheart should treat you special everyday. And a card company shouldn't instill guilt one day a year. I would rather go out to dinner any other time than on a holiday. But that's just my opinion.

This is also the first time in 11 years that I have had this weekend off. I have worked the Miami boat show every year and it is always over Valentines day. I find it kink of funny that I don't have a sweetie this year and I actually have it off. But I had a nice day anyway. I worked out with a new friend who used to be a trainer. We worked out at his gym. Then he detailed my car for me and we watched a comedian on tv. The comedian was really funny. It was a gorgeous day out. But I don't go to the beach 2 days in a row. And yesterday was just glorious. But never fear. I will be at the gym first thing then off to the beach. These sunny low 80's type of days are my kind of a winter.

Have an awesome day.

2 comments:

KathyA said...

We've visited DW three times. Once before our kids were born and then twice when they were little. We stayed inside the Magic Kingdom and wouldn't you know they were terrified of the characters ALL of them! Melissa, who was three at the time, ran right up her dad's back away from the approaching Mad Hatter screaming, "HE'S GOING TO EAT ME!!!" at the top of her lungs. I won't go into what happened on the riverboat and Breakfast with Disney! It was brutal!
I agree with you about St. Valentine's Day. We're sweet to each other all year -- screw one day!
I'd give my soul right now for some time at the beach...

beachgirl said...

The beach was glorious today. I got a little toasted. They changed my sunscreen to organic and it didn't work as well. Oh well.

Your kids response to characters is not uncommon. I used to love to get the little ones to wave bye bye over their Dads shoulders. They used to wait in line staring at us, then they would get up to see us and freak. But most would wave back in their safety zone.