Friday, September 04, 2009

It"s my birthday. I am 51 today.
How did I get so old? I sure don't feel 51.

I wish it wouldn't rain today. Maybe I could dig my motorcycle out of the garage and finally go for a ride.
My son did manage to put all his DJ equipment up on a storage shelf. So now I can move my bike.

My ultimate day would be a ride to the gym, followed by the beach, a massage, then dinner with my family.
And a long ride some time during the day.

My real day will involve a car ride to the gym. (major thunder boomers and lighting in sight)
My landlord trying to finish up my house, family room 3rd coat of paint, my bathroom, sliding doors,
maybe paint the kitchen. ( My daughter and I can do it. Very small)
I should go to school for a final day of training before my audition on Tuesday.
A group of us got together last night and played and practiced. A few dealers were there. They said I did good.
I was the only one without an accent. Russia, Hungary, England, New Zealand, and another European. Nice people.
The dealers were really helpful.

My new landlord who is one of my dearest friends has not stopped since he got in town on Monday night. Talk about a man on a mission. He has mowed the back yard (think jungle), pulled out all the over growth from the front yard ( think tropical jungle), painted, painted and more paint. Fixed things that shouldn't have needed fixing. My bathroom turned into a nightmare from hell. He pulled the sliding door out. Power washed the tiles trying to get out the black mold , went to tighten the shower head and the pipe broke in the wall. Non ending. He will finish that today. And paint it of course. He is re- caulking it . He says he is ripping it out and redoing it in a few months.

The previous tenants were pigs. How could anyone let the mold grow like that. And paint colors from hell. It has taken 2 to 3 coats of paint to cover the colors they had. My land lord is loving the colors now. Looking good.

Tomorrow I am having a BBQ. So I still have lots to do.

Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.

3 comments:

KathyA said...

Happy Birthday! (BTW -- I felt that way when I turned 51 -- seven years ago!)
You have a lot of good going on--your new landlord sounds like a good man.
I'll be in the area next Thursday--the rain is to stop by then. I'm putting in my order!

heiresschild said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I've been behind in reading blogs. I hope it was happy!

Sorry you didn't get the dealing job. Something else awaits you...